Monday 27 February 2012

Murray Watch Monday


Andy Murray is in Dubai at the moment, preparing for his next tournament, the Dubai duty free championship. Whilst there he climbed the world tallest building, the Buri Khalifi. 

 'The view was unbelievable,' the Scot said. 'It's a long way and my ears popped on the way up. It started on something like the 20th floor and there's still six times as much to go. We stopped at the 124th floor. It was really high.'


He is confident he can build on his performance at the Australian Open where he was edged out by world No 1 Novak Djokovic.

He said he preferred being in Miami practising on outdoor courts as to avoid the transaction from indoor to outdoor, Murray is much more happier than he was this time last year and preparing for the coming year.
 

Murray said he played well and improved a lot of things whilst in Australia, 'It wasn't like after I lost to Novak last year, when I was thinking, "What could I have done better? Are there things that I should change in my game?"'.
 
 'I think there's no real big difference on hard courts,' he said. 'On the clay I definitely think I still need to improve a lot. On grass I just need a little bit of consistency.
 
Murray said it was taking time to adjust to the conditions. 'It's so fast here,' he said. 'For me the conditions are some of the quickest that we play in during the year. Here and Indian Wells are similar, though I think the courts are bit slower in Indian Wells. It's taken a few days to get used to the speed, but if I adjust well I think the courts should be good for me.'

P.s. I was ill from Friday and completly forgot to do a Future Winners Friday, and I will be updating the winners of the last few tournaments over the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment