Monday 9 April 2012

Murray Watch Monday

In my last Murray Watch Monday I mentioned how Andy Murray had been chosen to carry the Olympic flame and this time around we get to see him modelling the Olympic kit, designed by Stella McCartney the kit is effortlessly chic but I'm sure Adidas has ensured it is practical as well!





 
















As tickets for the ATP World Tour Finals have now gone on general sale I'm sure those of you with tickets to the London O2 event in November will be very excited and it seems Andy Murray is adjusting his tournament schedule in order to give himself the best advantage:


“The end of last year was a bit unlucky,” Murray told Standard Sport. “I got a freak injury so I look forward to performing well there this year, if I qualify. I need to make sure I structure my year and plan it well and not make any mistakes with that. Last year I probably made a couple of mistakes. I probably shouldn’t have played in Rotterdam (in February) — I should have taken a little more time off and then trained hard. Then at the end of the year, I probably shouldn’t have gone to Basle (where he suffered a bizarre injury, eventually diagnosed as a sciatic nerve problem). But to be fair, I got really unlucky at the end of the year with the kind of freak stuff that happened.”




Andy also spoke about how important it is to have the home advantage:


“Every time I play at home I get great support so I look forward to playing in London every time, It helps to be at home for sure, especially because now I am spending a bit more time training abroad, I am not really at home that much.”


Mr Murray also touched on the lack of tournaments in Britain, particularly in comparison to the other Grand Slam hosts, Australia, France and the US:


It’s about time, really,” the 24-year-old said. “Australia has a few tournaments there before the Grand Slam and the French guys have so many tournaments — Metz, Montpellier, Marseille, Paris Bercy, French Open, Lyon, Nice. They’ve got loads and obviously the US has the most tournaments on the Tour. It’s nice we are starting to get a few more events. The more tournaments at home, the better.”





Have you got tickets for the ATP WTF yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment